Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: Erotica

You probably shouldn't read any modern erotica if your first exposure to the genre is Anais Nin or Pauline Reage. The Story Of O and Delta of the Venus are erotic perfection. There's not necessarily a happy ever after at the end and the sex, is hot and steamy, but not written for the sake of writing about sex.

I have issues with a lot of the erotica that I've read lately, especially when it takes place in a historical setting. The language is usually too modern to be believable or just too ridiculous. I'm reading an erotic historical now, and parts of it are painful. I've always laughed at the words they use to describe certain body parts in fiction. The throbbing spearhead of longing was always my favorite. I mean, wouldn't that put you off sex? I don't want a throbbing spearhead coming after my nether regions!!!

But back to the book at hand, which I'll be reviewing in a day or two. The hero calls Bea's lady parts her puss. I busted out laughing the first time I read that. Of course its better than getting all technical too.

I guess I just want my erotica to be erotic, not rude, crude and dirty. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs